EXPERIENCE THE AUSTRIAN ART SCENE AND BE PART OF CULTURAL AUSTRIA
In co‐operation with KulturKontakt Austria, the Austrian Federal Chancellery is looking for applicants for the Artist in Resident Program 2016. A total 50 residencies will be available in Vienna and Salzburg for the year 2016.
The residency is designed to offer an opportunity to experience the Austrian art scene and cultural environment and to build relationships between Austrian and international artists. Residents are expected to complete a project during their stay.
During their stay, the artists in residence will visit at galleries, studios and museums, meet with stakeholders in the literature and publishing sector, as well as access to Vienna’s or Salzburg’s music life. The 2016 residents can also expect free tickets for art and book fairs, performances at the Tanzquartier Wien, the international ImPuls Tanz dance festival and other events.
Additionally, residents can take advantage Artists‐in‐Residence‐go‐to‐School‐Program of KulturKontakt Austria, which includes reading events and workshops at Austrian schools.
- This call is open to artists whose permanent place of residence is outside of Austria and who have completed their training.
- Austrian citizens cannot apply for this program.
- A basic working knowledge of German or English is required.
- The age limit for applicants is 40 years, i.e. the applicants’ date of birth has to be after the 31 December 1975.
- Artists who have already participated in artist‐in‐residence‐programs organized by KulturKontakt Austria, the Austrian Federal Chancellery or the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, the Arts and Culture are not eligible for participation.
Applications can be submitted for only one of the following disciplines:
- Visual arts
- Art photography
- Video and media art
- Interdisciplinary arts
- Literature for children and young people
- Literary translation
- Arts and cultural education
Length of stay varies as a function of the artistic discipline:
- Residency of 3 months for visual artists, art photographers, interdisciplinary artists, composers, video and media artists
- Residency of 1‐2 months for writers and literary translators
- Residency of 1 month for arts and cultural educators
- The artists in residence will be selected by sector‐specific expert juries.
The grants are funded by the Austrian Federal Chancellery within the framework of its Artist‐in‐Residence‐Program. KulturKontakt Austria acts as an advisor and provides organisational support.