Job Opportunity- Office of Science and Technology Austria
Front Office and IT Manager
The Office of Science and Technology at the Embassy of Austria in Washington D.C. is seeking a qualified, outgoing person to join its team as a full-time Front Office Manager with IT experience.
Location: Austrian Embassy Washington D.C.
Date of Employment: February 2018
Starting salary: US $ 40,000 – 48,000 gross p.a. depending on qualifications and experience, paid vacation and sick leave
This is a full time position. Salary and employment details will be confirmed upon offer of employment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Function as the main contact point of the office;
- Coordinates meetings and supports events;
- Organizes business travels;
- Orders office supplies and maintains office equipment incl. IT and inventory;
- Administers the OSTA’s Database, including monitoring of database content and responsibility for technical updates;
- Trains new OSTA members & coaches OSTA team on the use of the database;
- Assists with the OSTA’s accounting and banking business, including quarterly financial reports and payroll;
- Supervises the IT system and database, system security, and liaises with IT contractors
- General office duties;
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Detail-orientation with strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Ability to conduct, manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English;
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a motivated team;
- Demonstrates computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and execution of independent judgment;
- Strong work ethics and ability to self-motivate and show initiative;
- Confidence in handling Bookkeeping/Accounting;
- Polite and helpful, good team player.
- Proficiency in German;
- Knowledge of Teamwork and Database Management;
- Knowledge of CMS (Joomla) preferred, Quicken Accounting Software.
How to apply:
- Please apply in writing by January 20, 2018 by e-mail only to email@example.com
Applications should include:
- A CV of not more than two pages
- A cover letter of not more than one page
Please use the subject line “Application: Front Office and IT Manager | [First name] [Last name]”
Please do not attach copies of certificates or references, as these will be requested at a later stage. Only applicants who meet essential requirements will be contacted for an interview.
We regret we are unable to refund travel expenses.