What can be expected from the residency?
Residencies are provided in Vienna or Salzburg.
- Accommodation subject to availability, either in an apartment at the Schloss Laudon Parkdependance (14th district), a room in a flat in Vienna’s 3rd or 9th district or an apartment at Salzburger Kunstverein in the City of Salzburg. The assignment of accommodation in Vienna is made by the residency provider. Unfortunately, individual preferences cannot be taken into account.
- Use of a community studio in Vienna’s 2nd district, at Schloss Laudon or at the Salzburger Kunstverein.
- Contribution to cost of living expenses of € 800 per month; in case of absence exceeding 7 days, a pro‐rata share of cost‐of‐living expenses will be paid.
- One‐time contribution to art supplies of € 300 for visual artists and composers.
- Travel expenses will not be paid nor refunded.
- The cost of translation for one sample text (no more than 10 pages at 1800 characters each) from a foreign language into German for writers.
- Accident and health insurance; insurance cover excludes chronic disease and dental work.
- For the duration of the stay and depending on the place of accommodation, residents are provided with a mobile internet connect stick including SIM‐card or WiFi for the duration of their residency. Notebooks will not be provided.
- For the duration of the stay, a cell‐phone with a one‐time prepaid credit in the amount of € 40 will be made available to the residents.
- Residents will also receive monthly passes for public transport in Vienna or Salzburg for the duration of their stay.
- Regular cleaning service for the living quarters and change of bed‐linen and towels will be provided weekly or monthly, according to the place.
- A presentation of works may be arranged towards the end of the residency.
- No financial support can be provided for the production of catalogues, translations, book releases and performances.
- Residents may not bring other people (family members, friends, acquaintances, etc.) or pets to the residency. Only residents may spend the night at the accommodation.
- Compliance with the house rules of the residency is of the utmost importance.